Mark joined our teaching team in 2013 and immediately became a hit quickly building up his own list of request clients. He lives year round in Courchevel with his young family and when time allows he can be found working on his house renovation project or pampering his beloved Audi RS2.
Here Mark gives us an insight to his skiing bucket list. There are some great ideas that are certain to get everyone thinking about what they could include on their own list.
• A family ski trip to America has to be the near the top of any list of mine. It’s not as if we have a tough job but it would be great to experience American hospitality and be on the other side of the fence for a change. Ever since I was old enough to watch ski movies I have always wanted to ski the Champagne powder of Steamboat Ski Resort and to see if it is as good as they say.
• I’d love to spend a winter racing on the FIS Masters circuit. The Masters races are open to skiers who are 30 years old or over and are run by the Federation Internationale de Ski (FIS) this is the same organisation that oversees World Cup ski racing throughout the world. I got a taste of racing whilst training for my Eurotest which is part of the necessary qualification required to teach in France and I loved every minute of it.
• I can’t wait to teach my daughter how to ski, she’s only 14 months old but it won’t be long now until we can going skiing together. We’re lucky that we live year round in Courchevel and are only 5 minutes away from the nearest lift. Many of the local children go on to become amazing skiers who race at the highest levels before becoming ski instructors or pursuing other careers. I only care that she enjoys it and has lots of fun and can join in our Children’s Ski Lessons.
• More and more people are skiing in Japan and I do like the sound of a boys’ ski trip here. This country is frequently overlooked as a skiing destination but it has more than 500 ski resorts and with snowfall that often exceeds 15 metres per season it’s definitely time to get your fat skis out!
• Finally I would really like to head up to the Highlands of Scotland and visit some of the ski resorts here. I have heard so many of my colleagues telling me about how incredible it can be and stories of moguls as big as cars on the White Lady run on Cairngorm. They do always say that you have to be prepared to change your plans by the hour but that it can, on its day, be as good as anywhere in the world.
Next up is Ross who will share his bucket list ideas next month. If in the meantime you have any ideas of your own please add them via our Facebook page.